In this 108 page hands-on lab you will learn how to use Beta 2 of Visual Studio 2010 and Beta 1 of Microsoft Silverlight 4 to create a data driven line of business style rich internet application that implements many of the new features that Silverlight 4 introduces.
These features are implemented in the lab:
- True multi-tier architecture.
- Entity framework and service layer definition.
- Data filtering, paging, sorting and grouping.
- Data modification and validation.
- Foreign key management.
- Programmatic printing from a Silverlight application.
- COM interop with Microsoft Excel and running full-trust out-of-browser.
Great work from Sascha Corti and Ronnie Saurenmann!