Tuesday, March 24, 2015

SSIS 2012 package with Odata source–failed to deploy project

On a test server with VS 2012 and SQL 2012 installed, I have created an SSIS project in project deployment mode. In the packages of the project I use the Odata source for SSIS. The packages run fine in VS 2012. But when I deploy the package to the Integration Services catalog on the same server as where I am running VS 2012 I get a deployment error:

‘Failed to deploy project. For more information, query the operation_messages view for the operation identifier '25084'.  (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 27203)

image

To find out the cause of the problem, you can connect with SSMS to the SSISDB database where the SSIS projects are stored. Then select the record with operation_id from the operation_messages as suggested in the above-mentioned errormessage.

use SSISDB
go

select * from catalog.operation_messages where operation_id = 25084



The message column in the result contains the cause of the error:


‘Failed to deploy the project. Fix the problems and try again later.:Unable to create the type with the name 'ODATA'.’


In my case the deployment failed of SSIS packages that use the Odata source on the same server as where I tested successfully with VS2012.


Now I have to find out what is wrong, see SSIS 2012 package with Odata source-failure (part 2)

No comments: