Monday, May 04, 2015

Migrating my Postman collections from one MS-Windows system to another

Right now I’m in the process of migrating developer stuff from my old MS-Windows pc to a new one. On the old machine I’ve used the Postman tool often to test and deploy new web-services. After having installed the tool on the new pc I wanted to copy my collections from the old pc. This article describes how to accomplish this.

  • Start Postman on the old system
  • My collections
    image
  • In the Menu Bar click on the Settings icon
    image
  • In the Settings dialog window, click on the Data tab
    image
  • Click on the Download button to download your collections in a dump file. The ‘Save As’ dialog window opens. Select a name and location on a file share that can be reached by the new PC.
    image
  • Save the file.
  • Close the Postman tool on the old PC.
  • Start the Postman tool on the new PC.
  • In the Menu Bar click on the Settings icon.
  • In the Settings dialog window, click on the Data tab.
  • This time click on the ‘Select file’ button in the ‘Import Data’ section.
  • In the ‘Open file’ dialog select the postman dump file you created in the file share.
  • Click Open and that’s it. My collections are now available on the new PC.

No comments: