Very often you need to create a copy of a database on the same server as the original db. The main purpose of this article is to remind of the restore option ‘From database’, this will autoselect your database.
- Backup original database
- Rightclick on Databases in the Object explorer tree. Select ‘Restore Database…’
- In the Restore Database dialog
- To Database: enter a new database name.
- From database: select the database you have backed up in step 1. In ‘Select the backup sets to restore listbox’, the name of the backup set created in step 1 will appear.
- make sure the Restore checkbox is checked.
- Click OK. the database will be restored.
The users that had been granted access to the original database will have the same kind of access to the new database.